From 16th June 2020, you can find your dream job in our vacancies offer provided by Venture Dynamics Enterprises, Inc. Agency. For example you can find there a job from location Virginia, Newport News, United States functional area Trades & Services, position Pipe Welder.
- Job position:
- Pipe Welder
- Trades & Services
- Employment type:
- Start date:
- 4_J3R1006TW6BF02G0V8J (CareerBuilder.com)
Up To $2,000 sign on bonus for this position
Piping fit-ups of various piping systems and configurations. Work will be performed on ships in all stages of repair and modernization. Pipe Welders will cut/torch and weld metal surfaces or pipe using various types of welding equipment. Provide quality welding on socket weld pipe joints from 1/4" O.D. to 2" IPS and butt weld pipe joints from 1-1/2" IPS to 14" IPS. Weld processes will be performed on various materials in the shop/on table as well as onboard the ship/in position. Pipe Welders are responsible for maintaining housekeeping, keeping worksite free of waste and keeping materials and equipment stowed in an orderly manner. The performance of other duties will be as assigned by Supervisors. Welding is performed on a wide variety of materials/Ferrous and Non-Ferrous utilizing an even wider range of welding processes, such as GTAW, SMAW and FCAW.
- Knowledge of tig welding procedures and various types of welding equipment
- Knowledge of torch cut, pipe clean, and true weld pipes without leaks in positions with minimum clearance.
- Knowledge of use and limitations of 6011, 6010, and 7018 and/or sil-braze rods
- Knowledge of basic marine piping systems and military specifications
- Familiarity and compliance with NAVSEA Mil. Std. 22-D, tech manuals 248 and 278 in order to maintain quality standards
- Must be able to use hand tools and power tools safely and efficiently
- Determine job sites, particularly those involving combustible material, are safe for personnel
- Must be able to read and interpret weld symbols and blue prints, schematics and job specifications
- Must certify to Navy/ABS certification test for the following: 1)pass vision test 2) pipe in the 6GR position, 11018 filter, 70s2 filter, 316 filter, RN67filter and GTAW
- Must have own tools
- Must have own transportation
- Must be US Citizen
- Must pass drug and background screening and be eligible to obtain a DBIDS badge
© 2020 Job vacancies United States