Director of Software Development
Director of Software Development
From 13th June 2020, you can find your dream job in our vacancies offer provided by ExecuNet Agency. For example you can find there a job from location Virginia, Reston, United States functional area Executive Positions, position Director of Software Development.
- Job position:
- Director of Software Development
- Executive Positions
- Employment type:
- Start date:
- 4_J3M8BM6RM1H3B27CQHM (CareerBuilder.com)
Company Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is building the next generation IaaS cloud service along with providing a world class cloud support experience. We are building a team of energetic, customer-focused service operations engineers to blending system admin, incident command, and NOC engineering disciplines. You 'll build and manage a dynamic team that learns broadly how our cloud platform works so you can be the bridge between product engineering and our partners.
As the Director, you will act as the voice of the customer to influence product features and plans to improve the customer experience. This role is integral to the success of our customer relationships and is critical to the success of the platform.
This role will support Company 's Government customers.
You should be a distributed systems generalist, able to architect broad systems interactions while being very hands-on, able to dive deep into any part of the stack and lower level system interactions. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
- Supervise a 24/7 team of technical operators, ensuring that production applications your team supports are stable, reliable, and well-documented.
- Work closely with engineering managers and development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with scale and operability in mind
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues in production applications
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of key services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale environment.
- Recruit, retain, and develop strong engineers while embodying OCI values and culture.
- Ability to maintain a US government Top Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor 's degree, in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- 8-10 years equivalent work experience in Infrastructure as a code / SRE / DevOps tooling / Automation in supporting large scale systems in Production.
- 3-5 years of experience in the management of Engineering / DevOps / SRE teams.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience deploying code within change management procedures.
- Experience participating in or running incident bridges.
- Customer obsession, passion for delighting customers.
- Understanding of cloud concepts and platforms.
- Experience in cloud technical support, operations, NOC or similar is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with government customers is preferred, but not required.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technical domains and then train others.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of cloud concepts and platforms.
- Previous experience in making hiring decisions for technical teams.
- Feedback/Metrics collection techniques to expose live site/service issues.
© 2020 Job vacancies United States