Director of Product Engineering
Director of Product Engineering
From 30th June 2020, you can find your dream job in our vacancies offer provided by American Woodmark Corporation Agency. For example you can find there a job from location Virginia, Winchester, United States functional area Engineering, position Director of Product Engineering.
- Job position:
- Director of Product Engineering
- Employment type:
- Start date:
- 08baabe5d43ab48f5fc5bccb1abca452 (jobleads.com)
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- The Director will develop and maintain the product engineering organization to meet the needs of the business and successfully execute needed projects
- Lead and manage a team of product engineers to introduce new products and product redesign, and act as project managers through implementation
- Lead and manage a team of product engineers to improve manufacturing operations to improve safety and reduce cost and lead time through capital and technology projects
- Identify project opportunities, vet ideas, and lead/participate in projects from concept to implementation and commissioning.
- Lead development and testing of products to include new cabinet designs, interior accessories, stains/paints, finishing techniques, and purchased accessories.
- Work with other parts of the Organization to establish quality specifications for new or redesigned products.
- Own projects from start to finish:
- Engineering: user requirements, engineering specifications, test documents, RFP/RFQ, purchase agreements, acceptance criteria
- Financial: budget development, creation of capital authorization request documents, and execution/tracking of project spending
- Budgetary responsibility for the department and engineering/testing lab
- Act as the voice of operations when new products are being specified to manage costs, expectations, and capability
- Act as project manager and lead cross functional teams on high level projects that are critical to the business
- Lead, influence, and consult for the plant-level engineering groups in the manufacturing facilities for capital projects, engineering and maintenance organizational planning, and maintenance activities and methods
- Undergraduate Degree in Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical engineering discipline. Graduate degree in engineering or MBA preferred.
- 10-15 years as an engineer in an industrial environment
- 7+ years in product engineering/development role
- 5+ years in an engineering management role
- Demonstrated project management/leadership roles with complete project ownership
- Track record of leading and developing staff
- Track record of innovative thinking that yields creative solutions
- Experience serving as a liaison between multiple functional areas
- Product design experience in consumer or other products outside the cabinet industry is a plus
- Experience in innovative design methods
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients/providers in an effort to coordinate team activities to support meeting the business objectives. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply statistical and mathematical concepts as related to problem analysis and corrective action.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, utilize process and value stream mapping, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time effectively
© 2020 Job vacancies United States