From 8th June 2020, you can find your dream job in our vacancies offer provided by MAXIMUS, Inc. Agency. For example you can find there a job from location Virginia, Falls Church, United States functional area Consulting & Corporate Strategy, position Director, Business Development (Civilian & DoD).
The Business Development Director will be responsible for directing and controlling the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company. They will have overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods. They will work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. The BD Director will participate in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
The candidate will regularly interact with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization. The candidate will report to Senior Director or VP level.
*Identify and develop new Federal Civilian markets and opportunities to drive new Federal Civilian business pipeline to include Contact Center opportunities
*Develop and maintain relationships with key partners, federal agency officials and other stakeholders
*Maintain working relationships and collaborations with MAXIMUS business consultants in Federal Civilian
*Conduct opportunity pursuit in Federal Civilian as part of the overall MAXIMUS Federal Civilian team including Contact Center opportunities
*Carry out business development to identify, qualify and pre-capture activities for opportunities
*Ensure budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements
*Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers
*Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
Education and Requirements:
*Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required, preferred field of study in government, business administration or public policy
*Knowledge of Federal government procurement practices and Federal government business development life cycle
*At least 10 years of related experience
*At least 7 years of experience conducting sales, business development or capture activities in the Federal Government Civilian sector to include specific Contact Center expertise
*Knowledge of business and technology solutions that Federal government purchases
*Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
*Proven ability in working as a team and as an individual contributor to drive new business
*Proven experience developing opportunities up to and including new contracts awarded as a result
*Existing relationships with relevant Federal Civilian government officials preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and develop new Federal market and opportunities to drive new Federal business pipeline
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners, federal agency officials and other stakeholders
- Maintain working relationships and collaborations with MAXIMUS business consultants
- Conduct opportunity pursuit in Federal as part of the overall MAXIMUS Federal team
- Carry out business development to identify, qualify and pre-capture activities for opportunities
- Collaborate and work with solution leads, capture team and other support teams to support opportunity pursuit and proposal development
- Participate and represent MAXIMUS at industry events, conferences and agency-focused initiatives
- Develop opportunity, account and agency executable call plans and overall fiscal year account planning
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree, five (5) years of management experience, ten (10) years of related experience
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
© 2020 Job vacancies United States