Central Research is seeking a Contract Specialist V to provide professional acquisition support services for our Federal Government client in Herndon, VA. This individual will be highly qualified and have significant experience working with complex, high volume, and large dollar value projects and contracts. This position will be telework/work from home until COVID-19 safety precautions change.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- The Contract Specialist V will provide the full range of procurement-related support services for our customer's acquisition activities.
- Pre-award acquisition support: Provide advice, recommendations, and document preparation including; Statements of Work & Statements of Objective, Justification and Approval, Acquisition Strategy and Support, Milestones, Evaluation Criteria Cost Estimates, Market Research and Market Surveys, Quality Assurance Plans, RFPs/RFQs, Source Selection, and other miscellaneous pre-award documentation
- Award and selection support: Provide support to the Contracting Officers and various technical offices to include: All types of source selections; formal, informal, and vendor screening processes, Contract Award Documents and Contract Award Acquisition Support
- Post-award acquisition support: Provide advice, recommendations, and documentation support including: contract administration, contract modification support, delivery and task order support, and invoicing and closeouts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- 16 years of Federal Government contracting experience supporting a Federal agency on site with agency
- US citizenship or a minimum of 3 years of lawful permanent residence in the US required per the contract
- Ability to obtain and retain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience in formal source selections
- DAWIA Level II or FAC-C certification of Level II or equivalent within the last 4 years
- Military or DoD Acquisition Training & Experience
- Previously held warrants
- Familiarity with OT/OTAs
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth functional knowledge of procurement practices and procedures including: Government or commercial purchasing rental, or lease of supplies, and equipment through open-market methods; Placement of purchase orders, orders under blanket purchase agreements, indefinite delivery contracts such as federal supply schedules, and other purchase procedures pertinent to contracting, contract negotiation, and administration; Termination functions that include preparing solicitations, contract modifications, or supporting procurement documents, and evaluating and reporting on performance of contractors in meeting contract terms
- Demonstrated skill in obtaining, analyzing, and developing product and price data for contract negotiations and conducting comparative analysis with historical data to develop recommendations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience successfully negotiating and awarding contracts and subcontracts, contract modifications; developing, preparing, and presenting terms and conditions, and evaluating methods and efficiencies of allocating costs through various types of overhead and general administrative expense
- Experience leading and/or providing technical advice and assistance to professional employees responsible for the oversight and implementation of contract administration workload; including contract closeout, pricing, negotiations and/or contract modifications.
- Experience in supplies and service contracts
- Experience in formal source selections and research and development
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Central Research is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Click here to view the Equal Employment Opportunity Posters .
If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan, please contact us via email at .
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our recruiting office at . This email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not contact us about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. It is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the Company.