From 27th January 2021, you can find your dream job in our vacancies offer provided by Loudoun County Public Schools Agency. For example you can find there a job from location Virginia, Ashburn, United States functional area Construction, position Construction Coordinator.
The Construction Coordinator is responsible for developing and managing systems and procedures regarding the overall finances of the Construction Division, including managing administrative professional and construction contract solicitations, supervising accounting, technology and clerical staff, coordinating legal and School Board item documents, completing special assignments and assists the Director in the management and coordination of activities of the Construction Division. This position requires considerable initiative to refine procedures and take actions consistent with established policies.
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
• Develops contracts, solicitations and procurement for both professional services and construction contracts, typically ranging from 100's of thousands to over 100 million dollars. Collaborates with Division senior management and prepares all procurement documents. Implements Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) and Requests for Proposals (RFP) for both design professionals and construction contracts. Evaluates qualification and bid materials with Division senior management and makes recommendations on selection to Director. Prepares and procures all design and construction contracts for Division.
• Evaluates and mitigates risk to the School District in planning, contracts, legal and financial documents with Division senior management.
• Develops and manages the Division operating budget and fiscal supervision of both the operating and capital budgets in the $100's of millions; tracks and reports on cash (local tax funding) and Capital (debt funding) in compliance with School and County fiscal policy. Retains documents required by auditors. Develops processes and procedures to manage all financial services of Division; reviews financial data for accuracy and compliance.
• Creates long-term master scheduling plans of Division CIP projects and coordinates with Division senior management, evaluating funding, design, bidding and construction aspects over multiple years; optimizing the quality of projects and minimizing risk and cost to School District. Develops detailed individual project schedules.
• Ensures the development, coordination and maintenance of the Educational Specifications Program by Construction Division Staff, including new school staff orientation and meetings.
• Develops and manages Division standard operating procedures; School Board policy and information management and advice (Action/ Information items, reports); administrative recordkeeping of all Division staff.
• Administers the overall Division document management controls and project management software. Easement and legal document preparation and recordkeeping; coordination and preparation of responses for Freedom of Information and Subpoena requests.
• Supervises accounting, IT and clerical staff; develops and implements training programs for staff. Develops and maintains relations with Division leaders and school staff.
• Acts as liaison between Support Services' departments and other division departments; performs designated special projects for the Assistant Superintendent for Support Services; maintains communications with vendors and others; Acts as Construction Division representative for the Virginia Department of Education.
• Assists Director with strategy, planning, and evaluation of Construction Division Program and strategies on financial and operational issues.
A person in this position reports to the Director, Construction.
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. The employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ten to fifteen years of experience in architectural, engineering and construction principles, construction law, procurement, scheduling, risk management and delivery methods relating to construction of education or commercial facilities.
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience in managing construction contracting and evaluating construction project delivery methods such as Sealed Competitive Bid and Best Value. Preference to level of experience with Virginia and VPPA.
• Demonstrated experience in the principles and concepts of business administration as applied to management of design and construction services, including knowledge of contracts, budgeting, purchasing, personnel, and fiscal management. Advanced skills in Microsoft products, databases and ERP systems.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data and operations in terms of management controls, systems and procedures and to assess them critically making recommendations for changes; establish program or service procedures, policies and guidelines and relate these to objectives; organize and coordinate actions of construction services staff.
• Excellent organizational, human relations and communication skills and the ability to work independently; mentor, train and develop staff.